As a mechanical engineer at Avy you will design, build, and test UAV systems and subsystems. Ranging from cargo bays to motor mounts, and from ground control stations to carrying cases. You will play a pivotal role in bringing our prototypes to market.
- You have excellent CAD drawing skills (Autodesk / Fusion 360)
- You have experience in design for manufacturing (DFM)
- You have experience in design for assembly (DFA)
- You know how to incorporate requirements that come from legal and certification guidelines.
- You have broad understanding of materials and their characteristics in different environments.
- You have experience with FMEA
- You have at least a basic understanding of drone and/or aerospace engineering
- You are comfortable working with both system engineering requirements and an agile project management approach
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrable experience in bringing a product to market
- 3+ years experience in an engineering company
- An affinity with drone technology and with our key markets of wildlife conservation (Africa) and medical cargo delivery (globally)
- Strong English and Dutch proficiency
You will fit in our team when you..
- .. are flexible, creative and resourceful
- .. enjoy office banter in between hard work.
- .. have a can-do mentality
What we offer
A job in a company determined to have a positive impact on the future: contribute to rhino conservation and medical cargo delivery to save lives! You'll be telling the most interesting stories at birthday parties!
- Experience the excitement, chaos, freedom and rapid growth of a tech startup from within.. it will be the ride of your life !
- A warm atmosphere with regular drinks and occasional celebrations
- A work culture based on freedom & trust
- An awesome office with a maker space, gym, disco-toilet and delicious team lunches.
Apply & join the team! We are excited to hear from you :)
Full-time position. Starting date: As soon as possible
EU citizenship is required for this post. Avy does not offer relocation support.
Deadline for applications: November 21 2018 11.59 pm